[Orechem] oreChem application of MS Word 2007 add-ins

Lee Dirks Lee.Dirks at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 14 14:12:18 EDT 2009

All,
Per discussions at the oreChem meeting here in Pittsburgh today, Mark Borkum from Southampton asked about how best to tackle ORE functionality of Word 2007 with the impending arrival of Chem4Word.   As I mentioned, we currently have these bits of functionality resident in two different add-ins:

Article Authoring Add-in for Word 2007 (v2)  - binary download at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=09C55527-0759-4D6D-AE02-51E90131997E&displaylang=en

*         Contains features for ORE linking and building a ReM with a .docx file format

Chem4Word (tech preview) - in final testing / not yet publically available, but I am comfortable if Cambridge shares the binaries ONLY with oreChem participants.

*         Project website at: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/chem4word/default.aspx

I would like to suggest that Mark Borkum, Jim Downing and Alex Wade connect to discuss how best to bridge this gap...or which add-in to extend for the purpose of optimizing Chem4Word for use in the oreChem project.

Gentlemen-over to you...
-jld