[Orechem] Reminder for upcoming meeting

Charles Brooking brooking at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 25 22:10:59 EDT 2009

Hi all

I'll be visiting for the meeting (and ER conference) as a member of Jane
Hunter's eResearch Group at The University Queensland.

I've been working with the Structural Genomics group at UQ, and have
developed a laboratory information management system for capturing
experiment data (eg cloning, expression, purification, crystallisation).
I have also started developing a diffraction image archive as part of
the <http://tardis.edu.au/> project, with the aim of exposing datasets
using ORE. The ultimate aim is to also use ORE for linking between
objects in these systems, with further linking to PDB, PubMed, etc.

You can find notes about our research at
<http://services.nsdl.org/trac/oreChem/wiki/UniOfQld>.

> Here are three (3) dinner options for Saturday night.  Please have a
> look and send me a note as to your preference(s) and I’ll tally the
> votes and make the reservations!
>
> *Andre’s Eurasian Bistro* (http://www.andresbistro.com/) –
> an Asian Fusion restaurant.
>
> *Celtic Bayou* (http://celticbayou.com/default.aspx) –
> An Irish-Cajun pub.  (Yes, I’m serious.)
>
> *Matt’s Rotisserie* (http://mattsrotisserie.com/> A bit more upscale seafood establishment – known for its oysters.

My vote is for either of the first two (I'm not that into seafood).

Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday...

Later
Charlie
--
Charles Brooking
Senior Research Officer, eResearch Group

Phone: +61 7 3365 4044
Email: brooking at itee.uq.edu.au
Web:   http://itee.uq.edu.au/~eresearch