[OAI-implementers] Re: [OAI-general] concerns about new OAIster terms/conditions

Leslie Carr lac at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 23 09:46:31 EDT 2009

On 22 Sep 2009, at 20:50, Hagedorn, Kat wrote:

> OCLC's intent is to do what we did at University of Michigan,
> harvest the
> metadata. It is not the intent to go beyond that to capture the
> content
> itself.

The fact that that's exactly what they say they are going to do we can
probably pass off as a consequence of having a more pro-active
marketing department than legal department (thank heavens!)

However, that sort of cast-iron legal guarantee cannot confidently be
granted to a third party for even the metadata.
--
Les Carr