[OAI-implementers] OAI-ORE add-on service for Fedora

Oskar Grenholm oskar.grenholm at kb.se
Fri Mar 28 09:22:38 EDT 2008

Hi!

I have recently played around with writing a prototype for exposing digital
objects stored in a Fedora repository as OAI-ORE Resource Maps.

I have now put the result on Sourceforge as Open Source (under the Apache
License, v.2), where it can be found at:

    http://oreprovider.sourceforge.net

The idea behind it all is that you have a Java web application
(oreprovider.war) that, on the fly, will generate Resource Maps serialized
as Atom feeds (using OAI4J) for objects in Fedora. All you have to do in
Fedora is to add information in RELS-EXT what datastreams belongs to which
Resource Map (exactly how to do this can be seen at the projects web page).

I'm not sure whether anyone is interrested in this, but if so feel free to
download and test it and provide feedback where necessary.

Best regards,
Oskar Grenholm