[OAI-implementers] ubuntu 8.04 and perl redirects

antonio basile basile.a at stoa.it
Mon Jun 30 10:12:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

since we upgraded the webserver to ubuntu 8.04 the perl redirect pages
stopped working (register, users, oai, etc), so the archive
(http://eprints.stoa.it) is not beeing harvested anymore, and every perl
redirect displays a blank page.
After the upgrade we didn't change anything in apache (1.3.41) and
eprints 2.3.6 configuration (everything is compiled by hand and not
installed from ubuntu repositories), but perl pages are not working.
I guess there's something wrong with the new perl version used by ubuntu
(5.8.8.)

We don't want to upgrade to eprints 3 because we've done a lot of work
with our open archive (italian translation, modify of config files in
order to let eprints work with other virtual servers without changing
ports).
Do you know how we can manage this issue?

thank you!

antonio basile

Stoà - Istituto di Studi per la Direzione e Gestione di Impresa
Villa Campolieto - Corso Resina, 283
80056 - Ercolano (NA)
http://www.stoa.it