[OAI-implementers] Question regarding initial installation of OAICat

Mingqiang Yu myu at lanl.gov
Thu Jun 19 23:38:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just started to use the OAICat package. After I copied the oaicat.war
file into my tomcat webapps area and restarted the tomcat, the initial
oaicat/identify.html page works ok. But when I clicked on Submit Query, I
got the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
ORG.oclc.oai.server.catalog.FileSystemOAICatalog.loadFileMap(FileSystemOAICatalog.java:108)
        at
ORG.oclc.oai.server.catalog.FileSystemOAICatalog.<init>(FileSystemOAICatalog.java:98)
Method)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494) at
ORG.oclc.oai.server.catalog.AbstractCatalog.factory(AbstractCatalog.java:388)
        at
ORG.oclc.oai.server.OAIHandler.getAttributes(OAIHandler.java:160)
        at ORG.oclc.oai.server.OAIHandler.init(OAIHandler.java:121)

According to the documentation, this default war file should work ok. Is
there something I did wrong?

Your help is really appreciated!

Ming