[OAI-implementers] Time stamp preventing OAI harvest?

Hutchinson, Alvin HUTCHINSONA at si.edu
Tue Feb 19 14:33:32 EST 2008

I have been trying to run the conformance test for my repository as a
data provider using the tool at
openarchives.org/data/registerasprovider.html.

I enter my URL and the site passes the first test. I click on the link
provided in the acknowledgement email and during phase two, the message
I get back is that my server is throwing an HTTP 500 error.

And if I use the following link on my own:
http://si-pddr.si.edu/dspace-oai/request?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix
=oai_dc

I do indeed get an HTTP 500 error

But when I include the timestamp as in:
http://si-pddr.si.edu/dspace-oai/request?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix
=oai_dc&from=2006-05-15

It returns the data seemingly without any problem.

My oaicat.properties file contains the time stamp listed above
(2006-05-15) but the conformance test tool does not seem to recognize
it. Is there something else I need to do to conform, pass the validation
and set up my repository as a data provider?

I have considered searching the OAI implementers archive but an
exhaustive search it would require opening each month's messages one at
a time (unless I'm missing something).

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Alvin Hutchinson

Smithsonian Institution Libraries