[OAI-implementers] OAI and Z39.50 or SRU

Ian Ibbotson ian.ibbotson at k-int.com
Mon May 21 12:13:03 EDT 2007

For a while we experimented with an OAI feed for Index Data's Zebra
information server that could be run periodically against a set of OAI
data providers to inject updates into zebra (Sorry, Zebra is one of the
hottest Z39.50 and SRW/U Server components around) using the Z39.50
extended service for update. It all seemed to work quite well, but there
wasn't really any demand for it at the time.. if there's interest now,
I'm sure we can revive the code and rebuild it using the latest versions
of JZKit and Zebra and stick it up on sourceforge.

Ian.