[OAI-implementers] repository auto-discovery

Robert Forkel robert at livingreviews.org
Sun Nov 19 09:15:31 EST 2006

On 11/19/06, Howard Noble <howard.noble at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Sorry if this is not useful (I only scan this list) but is this the type
> of service you are looking for?

as far as i can see, this might solve half of my problem. i guess, the
applicable use case would be http://iesr.ac.uk/use/use-cases/usecase6.html .
i would still need to tell zotero which oai identifiers to look up, though.
but this seems like an unnecessarily complicated solution for this
particular case: the application - zotero - is already on my site, reading a
page, and is really just one 'link' away from the oai interface.
the reason why i'd prefer oai pmh to unapi in this scenario is the oai_dc
metadata format which all repositories need to provide, whereas with unapi
there is no such common format.
regards,
robert