[OAI-implementers] Sets and multiple formats

Naomi Dushay Naomi at cs.cornell.edu
Thu Mar 9 16:25:25 EST 2006

Given that you must specify the metadata format for all harvesting, included
selective harvesting, it makes sense to have your sets group items without
regard to format.

That is:

setSpec:oceans

When a harvester makes a request:

ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&setSpec=oceans

ListRecords&metadataPrefix=anotherFormat&setSpec=oceans
---------
However, since you use "annotations" as your example second format, the
question may be whether your "annotations_for_oai_dc" is truly another
metadata format (a different view of the same item, to use OAI-PMH parlance),
or whether it's different content.

Also, records can belong to multiple sets:

setSpec:allDataAboutOceans
setSpec:annotationsAboutOceans

- Naomi

http://www.dlese.org