[OAI-implementers] DCTerms

Young,Jeff (OR) jyoung at oclc.org
Wed Feb 22 10:02:26 EST 2006

I got asked the same thing last week. If you look through the list at
http://gita.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/ListSchemas.asp, you will find
less than a handful of references to http://purl.org/dc/terms/ and there
is no standard container schema defined for them. The same problem would
have been the case for Simple DC, except that the OAI specification
developers went to the trouble of creating one (oai_dc).

Apparently, there has never been enough interest in DCQ to warrant the
creation of such a container.

Jeff