[OAI-implementers] Handling special characters in XML

Francis Jayakanth franc at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Sep 30 08:29:26 EDT 2005

Hi:

I'm trying to port a set of records, which are in Italian language, to
static repository XML file. Conversion goes through without any
problem. But, when I try to view the static repository file through my
browser, the following error is displayed:

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource

Since many of the records have accented characters, my browser (IE 6.0)
treats such characters as invalid and in the process the XML file is not
displayed correctly. Could somebody please tell the way accented
characters are handled in XML?

Many thanks.

 - Francis

NCSI, IISC