[OAI-implementers] trouble registering a static repository

claudio barchesi claudio.barchesi at iscima.cnr.it
Wed Sep 21 05:26:51 EDT 2005

Hello,
"Archeologia e Calcolatori - Published Articles"  uses Patrick
Hochstenbach's gateway at U. Ghent.
http://dor2.ugent.be/cgi-bin/gateway/gateway.cgi/www.progettocaere.rm.cnr.it/databasegestione/A_C_oai_Archive.xml?verb=Identify
It works fine. In effect, and unfortunately, at present there are not so
much Gateways around.
Our repository is based on a Access database, capable to convert its tables
in xml static repository format by a Visual Basic script.
We have also added some other services to our project, to allow Google
indexing and a local search interface. It works.
http://soi.cnr.it/archcalc/Bibliografia_new.htm. Now we are going to insert
more digital resources in the shared collection, at present listing about
400 DC metadata records, but only ten allowable resources, that OAIster
harvested succesfully. I suggest You to contact Patrick Hochstenbach that
surely could help You, as he kindly did with us.
Best regards,

Claudio Barchesi
Istituto di Studi sulle Civiltà Italiche e del Mediterraneo Antico
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Viale di Villa Massimo 29, 00133 Roma
Tel. 06 - 44239696 / 44239470  Fax 06 - 44239379
Email c.barchesi at iscima.cnr.it