[OAI-implementers] trouble registering a static repository

Thorsten Schwander schwander at kingfish.lanl.gov
Mon Sep 19 17:28:27 EDT 2005

Hi Kristina,

indeed the static xml file at
http://www.folkstreams.net/oai/static_repository.xml is valid, but the expat
parser used at the srepo backend doesn't handle the multiple namespaces
correctly. We are looking for alternatives for the next update.

Meanwhile, removing some declarations which are not strictly needed, will
allow you to submit to  http://libtest.lanl.gov/.

Replace

<Repository xmlns="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/static-repository"
	    xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/"
            xmlns:oai="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/"
            xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/static-repository
                                http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/static-repository.xsd
				http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/
          			http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd
				http://info.internet.isi.edu:80/in-notes/rfc/files/rfc1807.txt
         			http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/1.1/rfc1807.xsd
				">

with

<Repository
   xmlns="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/static-repository"
   xmlns:oai="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/"
   xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/static-repository
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/static-repository.xsd">

With regard to you second question, http://libtest.lanl.gov/ is a
demonstration service with very little active usage or maintenance at this
point. See the other response to your question for an alternative static repo
gateway.

Cheers
T. Schwander
| Dr. Thorsten Schwander                                             |
| Research Library, STB-RL MS P362      | schwander at lanl.gov         |
| Los Alamos National Laboratories      | voice: +1 505 667 7301     |
| Los Alamos, NM, 87545                 | fax:   +1 505 665 6452     |
| USA                                                                |