[OAI-implementers] trouble registering a static repository

Kristina M. Spurgin kristina at infomuse.net
Mon Sep 19 14:04:00 EDT 2005

Hello,

We've developed a static repository containing records for the films
made available through www.folkstreams.net. The xml repository document
resides at: http://www.folkstreams.net/oai/static_repository.xml

My question is two-fold.

First, we have been able to identify only two static repository gateways
that will allow us to register our repository: OLAC and the
demonstration gateway at http://libtest.lanl.gov/. Our content is not
language-related, so OLAC is not appropriate. We are unclear about the
scope/purpose of the demonstration gateway. Is it there for permenant
use by any repository, or is it just meant for testing purposes?
Finally, is there a central listing of static repository gateways
somewhere that we have missed?

Second, we have tried to register our respository with the demonstration
gateway at http://libtest.lanl.gov/ and receive a message that our
repository is not a valid repository.

We've tested our repository against the schema and it validates, so we
have had trouble identifying why it is not a valid repository.

If someone could take a look at our repository (
http://www.folkstreams.net/oai/static_repository.xml ) and let us know
if you see what could be causing this problem, that would be very helpful.

Thank you,
--
Kristina M. Spurgin
Doctoral student, teaching fellow, folkstreams.net grant manager
kristina at infomuse.net
http://www.infomuse.net