[OAI-implementers] About phpoai2-1.7.1.gz

Heinrich Stamerjohanns stamer at physnet.physik.uni-oldenburg.de
Mon Jun 13 10:01:58 EDT 2005

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Daniel Manchego wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question.
>
> I have a phpoai2-1.7.1.gz file. My OS is windows and i want to
> decompress this file. I have a linux too, but i don't know how.
>
> I tried with gunzip, but this file get me a file whithout extension.
>
> Could you help me please?

Dear Daniel,

actually, it is a .tgz file which means that this file a gzipped tar
archive, which is mostly used in the unix world, but many windows
programs are able to read such archives, too.

However just replace phpoai2-1.7.1.tgz by phpoai2-1.7.1.zip and you will
get a zip file, which I guess is more suitable for you.

I have never tested phpoai2 with windows, but it should run ok.
If you have problems or feedback, please contact me directly via mail.

Greetings, Heinrich