[OAI-implementers] Perl oai modules
tdb01r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 16:28:47 EST 2005
I've uploaded a new version of my oai-perl libraries to CPAN, as HTTP-OAI.
These aren't related to Zeno's patches, which I'll eventually integrate
into the changes I've made here with Celestial.
Compared to the sourceforge versions (linked from openarchives.org):
- Uses XML::LibXML (DOM 2 API)
- SAX handler & generator
- Support for plugable metadata classes, included are Dublin Core,
OAI_Eprint and OAI Identifier schemes (so you can access oai_dc using
- Support for OAI static repositories
- Supports OAI versions 1.0 through static 2.0
- Moved to HTTP::OAI::* (won't clobber existing installations)
An example implementation is included for creating a CGI gateway to a
static repository file.
perl -MCPAN -e "install HTTP::OAI"
This installs the oai_browser.pl script that allows command-line
browsing of OAI repositories.
These modules represent very similar functionality to Ed Summer's
Net::OAI::Harvester for harvesting, but with support for constructing
OAI responses (the repository side). I hope (!) they are also more
resilient to repository weirdness.
I use these libraries with Citebase/Celestial, but are still in
development (hence not going into the main CPAN tree yet).
Comments, suggestions welcome!
- Citebase Search, http://citebase.eprints.org/
More information about the OAI-implementers