[OAI-implementers] resumptionToken Implementation

Jose Blanco blancoj at umich.edu
Tue Sep 28 10:31:19 EDT 2004

Jeff,

What I did, and have seen that others have done also, is basically encode
the resumption token in a way that next time your oai data provider is
called you know where to start extracting records (I'm talking specifically
about ListRecords, but the idea works for ListIdentifiers, and even
ListSets)

For example, your resumption token could take on a value encode in the
following way:

Expirationg_date,start_date_stamp_date,end_date_stamp_date,metadata_format,s
et,database_being_used,number_of_records_returned,

You basically want your resumptionToken value to communicate where to resume
harvesting, so you want to give it the values your repository will need.

Hope this helps.

Jose