[OAI-implementers] building an OAI-PMH Server

Venkat suryadev at bus.orst.edu
Mon Sep 27 22:19:34 EDT 2004

Hi All,
         After going through all the technical documents of OAI-PMH, I stand
at a point which is quite confusing and have no idea of what should be my
next step.

I have a digital collection (collection of XML files)and their corresponding
Metadata(metadata.xml for each XML File). Now, I am interested in setting up
a OAI-PMH complaint server (I'm a Data Provider). I could understand the
protocol but not sure how I should start setting things. My development
platform is PHP(I did collect some information about the tools available on
OAI website). Can anyone guide me from this point?

-Venkat