[OAI-implementers] Searching open archives

Jeffrey A. Young jyoung1 at columbus.rr.com
Mon Nov 1 13:02:00 EST 2004

Hi Howard,

I have several SRW/U servers available (e.g.
http://alcme.oclc.org/srw/search/GSAFD). I then added these to an SRW
Registry at http://errol.oclc.org/srwRegistry.oclc.org.html. One of the
features of this registry is that it provides OAI gateway access to any
registered SRW service that conforms to a minimal profile (e.g.
http://errol.oclc.org/srwRegistry.oclc.org/gsafd.alcme.oclc.org.oaigateway?v
erb=Identify).

This minimal profile consists of an oai.identifier and oai.datestamp index
and an OAIHeader metadata format. Review the GSAFD SRW repository mentioned
above for details.

Let me know if you have questions.

Jeff