[OAI-implementers] OAI-PMH + IEEE LTSC LOM

Chris Hubick chrish@athabascau.ca
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:58:38 -0700

Hi.

I have a preliminary implementation of OAI-PMH around our native IEEE
LTSC LOM repository:
http://adlibx.athabascau.ca/ADLib/OAI/?verb=Identify

I provide both the required Dublin Core XML, as well as IEEE LOM XML:
http://adlibx.athabascau.ca/ADLib/OAI/?verb=ListMetadataFormats

You can retrieve Erik Duval's sample LOM record at:
DC: http://adlibx.athabascau.ca/ADLib/OAI/?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=urn:x-ims-plirid-v0:urn%3Ax-ims-plirid-v0%3Aadlib.athabascau.ca%3Asys%3Aadlibx%3A1
LOM: http://adlibx.athabascau.ca/ADLib/OAI/?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=lom&identifier=urn:x-ims-plirid-v0:urn%3Ax-ims-plirid-v0%3Aadlib.athabascau.ca%3Asys%3Aadlibx%3A1

All responses validate against the appropriate schema's, and the
repository passes all the tests on Virginia Tech's OAI Repository
Explorer.

I didn't know of any other OAI+LOM implementations to compare against,
so I hope my implementation is sane (?).

--
FYI:

The human oriented interface to our repository is at:
Athabasca Digital Library: http://adlib.athabascau.ca/

The implementation is written in Java, and provided as Free Software
under the LGPL.  This work is part of a larger project which includes
Java interfaces for a representing a LOM record, and JAXB Marshallers
for serializing to LOM, DC, and OAI XML.  There is also a Java interface
for a whole Repository, and service implementations (GUI, SOAP, OAI,
HTTP, RSS, etc) built around that.  It's a work in progress and
documentation is currently minimal.  You can find details at:
http://adlib.athabascau.ca/~hubick/

Feedback/Comments appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Chris Hubick