[OAI-implementers] set description

Caroline Arms caar@loc.gov
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:42:56 -0500 (EST)

The Library of Congress is providing set descriptions, see
  http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/oai2_0?verb=ListSets

The descriptions use the oai_dc schema.  They are essentially
collection-level records for the underlying collection of content EXCEPT
that I use "Records for " at the beginning of the title.  When I wanted to
do this, I could not find another pattern; you should not look at the
practice you infer from them as authoritative in any way.

I would be interested in knowing who (if anyone) is finding them useful.

   Caroline Arms                                    caar@loc.gov
   Office of Strategic Initiatives