[OAI-implementers] SOAP-PMH

Joachim Wackerow wackerow at zuma-mannheim.de
Tue Dec 7 15:41:54 EST 2004

The Google API is showing, that a big company is investing in SOAP. You
are right, that the Google API is offered on the searching side. But to
build an index on OAI resources, a search engine would need the
possibility to harvest the mentioned 85,000 records. For this purpose a
search engine would have to invest in OAI-PMH. That is the question: are
they willing to invest besides of SOAP in the "niche" protocol OAI-PMH?

Achim