[OAI-implementers] Qualified Dublin Core

Jeffrey A. Young jyoung at oclc.org
Thu Aug 12 22:03:02 EDT 2004

Tim wrote:

> I suppose I might also be wary of <dcterms:spatial> appearing at other
> than
> the first-level of the metadata record XML hierarchy. That could imply the
> assertion is not about the primary object being described....

This is what I was thinking of when I said ripping DC and DCQ from
uncontrolled blobs of data would result in a jumble. I've been working with
the METS schema lately, and can't imagine the DC elements being useful when
yanked from their structural context. As you suggested, though, I could feel
fairly confident if I limited the extraction to DC/DCQ elements that occur
at the top-most level.

Jeff