[OAI-implementers] Resolver of OAI record Uniqe Identifier

Xiaoming Liu liu_x@lanl.gov
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:56:30 -0600 (MDT)

DP9 provides a similar service like what you described.

http://arc.cs.odu.edu:8080/dp9/resolver.jsp

You may select either "html","xml", or "redirect" as output. The
"redirect" will redirect to OAI GetRecord page.

However, this service in DP9 was developed a while ago, and DP9 doesn't
have the up-to-date list of all data providers. Also, this function of DP9
will  only work for data providers which follow OAI-PMH identifiers
implementation guideline, otherwise the program cannot dynamically figure
out baseURL from identifier.

I can look at this work again if there is interest.

Xiaoming