[OAI-implementers] OAI-PMH v2.0 Testing Tool - Evalutaion

Bhavik Merchant bmerchan@cs.uct.ac.za
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:55:31 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C3836C.AF062CF0

Hi everyone,
=20
I'm currently working on a 4th year Computer Science project at the =
University of Cape Town in South Africa, under the supervision of =
Hussein Suleman.
=20
Our project involves investigating the applicability of the SOAP =
messaging framework (version .2) to OAI-PMH.  I am developing a tool =
which enables one to test a repository for conformance to the new =
experimental encoding as well the original encoding of OAI-PMH v2.0.  =
This tool is completely self-contained and runs on your machine as a =
Java application, which should make it more useful in some instances =
than central tools like the Repository Explorer.
=20
I am nearing the end of my work and would appreciate if anyone =
interested would download the tool and try it out.  Any feedback =
(positive or negative) would be greatly appreciated and would help me to =
locate any errors or omissions.

Please note that the experimental encoding has been disabled in this =
version of the tool as it is still under development, and thus only =
OAI-PMH v2.0 can be used.
=20
The tool can be downloaded at the following location:

www.cs.uct.ac.za/~bmerchan/Testtool.zip

=20
Regards,
=20
Bhavik Merchant
University of Cape Town

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C3836C.AF062CF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi everyone,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>I'm currently =
working on=20
a 4th year Computer Science project at the University of Cape Town in =
South=20
Africa, under the </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>supervision of =
Hussein=20
Suleman.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Our project involves investigating the =
applicability of=20
the SOAP messaging framework (version .2) to OAI-PMH.&nbsp; I am =
</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>developing a tool which enables one to test a =
repository for=20
conformance to the new experimental encoding as well the </FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>original encoding of OAI-PMH v2.0.&nbsp; This tool is =
completely=20
self-contained and runs on your machine as a Java </FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>application, which should make it more useful in some instances =
than=20
central tools like the Repository Explorer.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>I am nearing =
the end of=20
my work and would appreciate if anyone interested would download the =
tool and=20
try it out.&nbsp; Any </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>feedback =
(positive or=20
negative) would be greatly appreciated and would help me to locate any =
errors or=20
omissions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please note that the experimental =
encoding has been=20
disabled in this version of the tool as it is still under development, =
and thus=20
only OAI-PMH v2.0 can be used.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;<BR>The tool can be downloaded at the following=20
location:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.cs.uct.ac.za/~bmerchan/Testtool.zip">www.cs.uct.ac.za/=
~bmerchan/Testtool.zip</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><BR>&nbsp;<BR>Regards,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Bhavik=20
Merchant<BR>University of Cape Town<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C3836C.AF062CF0--