[OAI-implementers] Moving records in and out of sets

Steve Sarapata ssarapat@enc.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:06:06 -0400

I have this exact issue to deal with in the next few weeks. I need to
change the <setSpec> value on ~300 records of a ~2700 record set.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Hickey,Thom [mailto:hickey@oclc.org]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 1:09 PM
To: 'oai-implementers@oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu'
Subject: RE: [OAI-implementers] Moving records in and out of sets

I didn't notice any responses to this.  I'd say this is a hole in the
spec.
If a record changes its set membership, no notification would be given
on an
incremental harvest of that set.  I suspect that few are running into
this
because 1) set membership tends to be fairly static and 2) most
harvesting
is done as full harvests, not incrementally.

--Th