[OAI-implementers] Experimental OAI Registry at UIUC

Thomas G. Habing thabing@uiuc.edu
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:22:09 -0500

Caroline Arms wrote:

> As a small aside, special characters are not being handled gracefully.
> When I view http://oai.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/details.asp?id=103 in
> Netscape 7.02 or IE 6.0 the description and title in cyrillic for the
> grabill set are not coming through.  I realize there are a lot of things
> that could be wrong (and haven't had time for detective work).  Are other
> seeing the same problem?
>
> Thanks again for the tool and summary reports.

The cyrillic problem should be solved.  Looks like my strings were passing
through one-too-many character encoding conversions.

Any other respositories with similar character display problems should be
corrected the next time I do an automated reharvest.  If you would like to
expedite that process just send me a note, and I'll force a manual reharvest
of your particular repository.

--
Thomas Habing
Research Programmer, Digital Library Projects