[OAI-implementers] oai response XML Schema checking

Thomas Krichel krichel@openlib.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:30:59 -0600

   Folks,

  I want to check my OAI repository regularly, by
  going through all the responses that it
  can generate and check them one by one. I had
  gotten Xerces java 1 to run, but I can no longer
  do it. I have played with the flags that they
  suggest in the documentation, and either it checks
  only the well-formedness of the response or it
  comes up with an error that says

Document root element "{1}", must match DOCTYPE root "{0}".

  presumably suggesting that there is something
  wrong with the namespaces. Same thing with xerces-2_4_0.
  The command that I give is

CLASSPATH=/home/oaiadm/java/xerces-2_4_0/xercesImpl.jar:/home/oaiadm/java/xerces
-2_4_0/xercesSamples.jar:/home/oaiadm/java/xerces-2_4_0/xml-apis.jar:/home/oaiad
m/java/xerces-2_4_0/xmlParserAPIs.jar:; export CLASSPATH ; java dom.Counter -v /
var/tmp/Identifiers.amf.xml

  The file passes with xsv on the web interface,
  but I can hardly use that to bulk check, can't I?
  I need something that works on linux.

  In general, what validation tools use folks out
  there to check their repositories?

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                      mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                 http://openlib.org/home/krichel