[OAI-implementers] Repository Explorer

Venugopal Reddy Pally pally_reddy@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:41:46 -0800 (PST)

--0-952770670-1047847306=:68315

Hi all,

  I have coded OAI protocol for Digital library in ASP.NET. For implementing resumptionTokens, I am using cookies in the program. But when I tested the application in Repository Explorer, a tool, given in OAI web site (http://oai.dlib.vt.edu/cgi-bin/Explorer/2.0-1.45/testoai), my program fails when it comes to resumption token. I learnt that the tool does not allow cookies. So, is it ok for me to use cookies ? Is this tool used by majority of harvestors ? Can I rely on cookies ?

thanks very much,

Venu.