[OAI-implementers] OAI and Soap

zubair@cs.odu.edu zubair@cs.odu.edu
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:17:00 -0400

John,

Here is my earlier email regarding OAI SOAP gateway to the list.

Zubair

----- Forwarded by M Zubair/ODUCS on 06/10/2003 07:13 AM -----

                    M Zubair
                                         To:     Sandro Zic <sandro.zic@zzoss.com>
                    05/11/2003           cc:     herbert van de sompel <herbertv@lanl.gov>, OAI-implementers@oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu,
                    12:08 PM             oai-implementers-admin@oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu
                                         Subject:     Re: [OAI-implementers] Trying to gauge interest on two features(Document link:
                                         Mohammad Zubair)

One of my students implemented a OAI-SOAP gateway. Here is the URL if you
are interested in looking at that.

http://www.cs.odu.edu/~rl/OAI_SOAP/gateway.html

Zubair

|--------+---------------------------------------------->
|        |          John Perkins <jperkins@ca.inter.net>|
|        |          Sent by:                            |
|        |          oai-implementers-admin@oaisrv.nsdl.c|
|        |          ornell.edu                          |
|        |                                              |
|        |                                              |
|        |          06/10/2003 06:21 AM                 |
|        |                                              |
|--------+---------------------------------------------->
  |      To:     oai-implementers@oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu                                            |
  |      cc:                                                                                         |
  |      Subject:     [OAI-implementers] OAI and Soap                                                |

I'm interested to know if there are any implementers who have
experimented with OAI over SOAP and the status of those experiments.
I remember Herbert saying a while back that he knew of some but don't
recall seeing any responses at that time.  Regards, John Perkins