[OAI-implementers] Reconsidering mandatory DC in OAI-PMH

Young,Jeff jyoung@oclc.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:18:09 -0400

If we're going to have a registry of OAI providers as Tim suggests, I would
be nice if this registry was itself OAI compliant. This would satisfy Tim's
concern about it being flat and centrally located. Naturally, though, we
would want to use oai_dc to describe the registered repositories. ;-)

Including XSLT references in the OAI responses could give the registry a
human-readable view as was done with the OpenURL registry. Such a registry
could be updated as part of the validation/registration process currently
available on the Open Archives home page. ListSets could be used to identify
which registered repositories support which metadataFormats. Etc.

Jeff