[OAI-implementers] Scientific journal metadata

Michael Nelson mln@cs.odu.edu
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:04:34 -0400 (EDT)

and just for contrast, I put bibliographic information in dc:type and use
dc:identifier strictly for URIs.

see, for example:

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai:ltrs.larc.nasa.gov:NASA-aiaa-97-1321

my rationale...  reading the descriptions at:

http://www.dublincore.org/documents/dces/

I can see where bibliographic info could go in dc:identifier.  But I hate
to have both free text & URIs in dc:identifier, and dc:type looks pretty
good. And you make an argument that the bibliographic info tells you a
good bit about resource type.

regards,

Michael