[OAI-implementers] Scientific journal metadata

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:40:05 -0400 (EDT)

For arXiv, I put bibliographic refereces in dc:identifier elements, e.g.

<dc:identifier>Prog.Theor.Phys. 101 (1999) 1155-1164</dc:identifier>

in

http://arXiv.org/oai2?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai:arXiv.org:hep-th/9901001

I do not think dc:source is correct since that is for a "A Reference to a
resource from which the present resource is derived". I assume in your
context, as in arXiv's, the bibliographic reference is a reference to the
resource that the record describes.

Cheers,
Simeon.