[OAI-implementers] OAI Resource

Venugopal R Pally pally_reddy@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
   The OAI says that 'resource' is the object or stuff
that metadata is about. So, can resources include
multiple types ? For example, in our case, I
identified research projects as resources. But later I
found that harvestors would like to search our archive
based on certain other things like Author, his Papers
etc. This would mean I should consider Authors, Paper
titles also as resources along with research projects.
So, when a harvestor asks for ListIdentifiers, can I
display all of these (Research Projects, Authors,
Paper Titles) ? Or should I use different
metadataPrefix for different resources ?
Thanks,
Venu.