[OAI-implementers] question about the date in OAI-PMH

Hussein Suleman hussein@vt.edu
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:31:53 -0400

hi

Mei Ran wrote:

> 1. the earliestDatestamp in Identify response. is this refer to the resource
> creation or modification time?

it refers to item modification date/time. i.e. the earliest date/time on
which any metadata corresponding to any resource was last changed

> 2. the Date in metadata, DC. is this refer to resource creation or
> modification time too?

this is not defined by OAI. it can be either or both, depending on your
needs.

> 3. the datestamp in the header of DC. I think this one should refer to the
> creation or modification of the item in the repository, is that right?

yes - modification of item. (remember that "item" is an abstract container for

all the metadata records corresponding to a single resource)

hope this helps ...

ttfn,
----hussein

hussein suleman - hussein@vt.edu - vtcs - http://www.husseinsspace.com