[OAI-implementers] new OAI metadata format from the Library of Congress

David Woodward dwoo@loc.gov
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:50:02 -0500

Hi all. I wanted to announce to this list an addition to the metadata
formats available for harvest from the OAI-PMH 2.0 data provider at the
Library of Congress ( http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/oai2_0?verb=Identify
). The newly available format is called Metadata Object Description
Schema or MODS. More information about the format can be found on the
Library's MODS web site at http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/. This
addition will be announced soon on the oai-general list, but if anyone
wants to give this a try, I'd appreciate hearing about any problems.

Use metadataPrefix=mods to harvest this format.

Thanks,
Dave Woodward