[OAI-implementers] OAI testing again

Alan Kent ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:11:08 +1100

Hi all,

I had not checked up on my OAI interop site for a while, so thought
I should check. Good thing I did - it was cactus. Looks like I put
the wrong version of the code into the reboot sequence, so it was
using old code with a newer DB structure - and failing on everything.

I have gone through the list and updated lots of entries. I have more
to do (I don't have all the recent entries yet), but manaully reharvested
lots of sites. I thought I would give a summary of my results here
so far in case anyone is interested.

Errors in the following may be my end!

The following sites appear to work:

    aim25, CCSDJeanNicod, CCSDarchiveSIC, CDLCIAS, CDLDERM, CDLTC, CSTC,
    DUETT, GenericEPrints, HUBerlin.de, JCDLPix, NUIM, RIACS, UBC, UMER,
    USF, UniverstiyOfNottiingham, VTETD, ackarch, anlc, anu, caltechETD,
    caltechcstr, caltecherrl, cav2001, cbold, dlpscoll, eldorado,
    eprints,ecs.soton.ac.uk, epubwu, ethnologue, formations, hofprints,
    lacito, pastel, physdoc, rdn, sammelpunkt, sceti, tkn, uiLib,
    www.mpi.nl

Bad response (often UTF-8 encoding errors):

    AlanTest, CCSDthesis, EKUTuebingen, ELibBSU, EarlyMandarin, Formosan,
    NSDL-DEV-CU, PKP, RUGNL, SUUB, SinicaCorpus, TalkBank, UKETD,
    UnivOldenbugBIS, aisri, applebytest, bmc, cdlib1, cimi, citebase,
    cogdata, conoze, hsss, ibiblio, in2p3, ioffe, jhjhjh,
    ltrs.larc.nasa.gov, mit.etheses, oai.library.uiuc.edu
    oai.sunsite.utk.edu, perseus, scoil, stevenbird, torc9.cs.utk.edu,
    ukoln

Connection refused:

    ArchiveLyon2, CyberTheses, ENUMERATE, epsilondiss, glasgow, thesis

Timed out:

    sil, CPS, HKUTO, LSUETD, MONARCH, etdcat, xtcat.oclc.org

Reported too busy - but I think this is a bug my end:

    ATILF, cogprints, EDTIndividuals

Appear to have gone away:

    8657690236, LDC, UDLAthesis, dfki, elra, ndltd, ndltdpapers, ota,
    scout, yea, CEIAT, GROW

Found a few bugs our end too (but I won't report them! :-).
One bug is a spelling error in the log messages ("Idnetify").
The packet was correct, just the error message is misspelt.

Lots more to test, but I want to go home.

Alan

ps: If you want to look up the log records, go to

    http://teratext.com.au:8123/

Select "Collections" then click "Details" for the "OAI" collection.
Then click the "Log" button for the OAI data provider to look at
the log for. Hopefully it makes reasonable sense.
--
Alan Kent (mailto:Alan.Kent@teratext.com.au, http://www.mds.rmit.edu.au/~ajk/)
Project: TeraText Technical Director (http://teratext.com.au) InQuirion Pty Ltd