[OAI-implementers] XML-RPC?

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:27:36 -0500 (EST)

I don't recall much discussion of XML-RPC. There was considerable
discussion about doing OAI over SOAP but the consensus was to stick with
plain HTTP. Reasons for this decision included the immaturity of SOAP at
the time, and fears that it would reduce adoption by making the protocol
harder to implement (lack of good toolkits/libraries around end 2001).
Hussein Suleman did make a v1.1 over SOAP demo if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
Simeon.