[OAI-implementers] arXiv's OAI-PMH v1.1 interface

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:58:28 -0500 (EST)

I have changed all identifiers exported via our OAI-PMH v1.1 interface to
use the repositoryName arXiv.org (instead of arXiv) to agree with those
exported via the v2.0 interface, and with the v2.0 oai-identifier scheme
(http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-oai-identifier.htm).

Inconsistency between identifiers exported via our v1.1 and v2.0
interfaces recently caused a few problems, I hope this change will avoid
further problems.

Please note that the OAI-PMH v1.1 interface is provided only to support
`legacy' applications which have not yet changed to OAI-PMH v2.0.

Cheers,
Simeon.