[OAI-implementers] Beta release of our VB Harvesting Tools for OAI 2.0

Thomas G. Habing thabing@uiuc.edu
Thu, 16 May 2002 11:49:03 -0500

Hi all,

Just a quick announcement that we have a beta release of our OAI 2.0
compliant Visual Basic Harvesting Object Library available.

It is available for download from SourceForge at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=47963&release_id=89921

This is an ActiveX COMponent that can be used to write programs that harvest
from OAI compliant providers.  It supports 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 version of the
protocol.  Included is a simple command line script called 'reap' that
illustrates how to use the ActiveX COMponent to harvest from OAI providers
and store the metadata records onto the file system.

The API used by the ActiveX COMponent also includes fairly detailed
documentation.

Our Java version of these components will be available shortly.

Comments, questions, or bug reports are extremely welcome.

Thanks,
--
Thomas G. Habing
Research Programmer, Digital Library Projects