[OAI-implementers] Sets and stuff, OAI 2.0

Hussein Suleman hussein@vt.edu
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:13:41 -0400

hi

hmmm ... an interesting interpretation ...

but as most people understand the protocol (v1.0, v1.1, and v2.0),
a record (everything between <record> and </record>) as returned by
ListRecords should be identical to the same record requested by its
identifier using GetRecord, for a given metadataPrefix (assuming no
dynamic updating between requests).

so, if i submit a ListRecords request for oai_dc and i get a record with
identifier xyz, i can then submit a GetRecord request with xyz/oai_dc
and get the same identical record back. most service providers and
harvesters will make this assumption so even if it is not explicitly
stated in the protocol spec, it may be prudent to adopt it as best
practice :)

ttfn
----hussein