[OAI-implementers] Dublin Core XML and OAI

Carl Lagoze lagoze@cs.cornell.edu
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:05:44 -0500

Alan,

I haven't looked at the 1.x oai_dc schema.  But, having spent some time
on the 2.0 oai_dc schema I can say that it dos not permit tags from any
other name space.  The intent here is that a harvester should not have
to prune out the dc elements from other arbitrary stuff.  Of course, a
data provider is permited to create another schema that contains other
stuff (mixed with dc elements) and export that as another metadata
format.

Carl

Carl Lagoze
Department of Computer Science