[OAI-implementers] Aggregators and querying by repository identifier?

Hussein Suleman hussein@vt.edu
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:55:35 -0500

hi

i don't know how other people do this, but i prepend the repository id
to all set names. so, for example, if i harvest the set "All" from VTETD
and everything from CaltechETD, i end up with the set structure:
    VTETD/All
    CaltechETD

i interpret sets as being a method of structuring the collection, and
with a plain vanilla union collection (as opposed to one that does
merging of categorical sets) there is probably no better structure than
the individual sub-collections

of course this is not a general solution, but it works for us :) and our
"aggregator" has been running for about 9 months now. see the ODL
website (http://oai.dlib.vt.edu/odl) for more details - specifically,
read the tech report.

ttfn
----hussein