[OAI-implementers] NASA LTRS techreports server now 2.0 compliant (testers welcome!)

terry harrison tharriso@cs.odu.edu
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:40:27 -0400 (EDT)

I have just completed upgrading NASA's LTRS techreports server to the new
OAI 2.0 Protocol.  Testers are welcome to give the system a try and I
welcome everyone's feedback.

My next project will be to upgrade the OAI implementation on NASA's NACA
techreports server as well, so again I welcome you LTRS feedback.

I have tried to format the error message content so they provide useful
details, rather than vague error messages.

You can try the LTRS techreports server at:

http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltrs/oai2.0/

What I really like about the techreports servers is that they utilize
Bucket technology developed by Dr. Michael Nelson, to provide intelligent
storage containers for our digital objects.

One of the added values here is that you may easily retrieve the OAI2.0
implementation source code. Here is an example of the format of such a
request: (BTW: code is in PERL)

Source code for a particular verb: (ie: Identify or your verb of choice)
http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltrs/oai2.0/?method=list_source&target=Identify
Source code for LTRS specific implementation: (contains error handling, etc)
http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltrs/oai2.0/?method=display&pkg_name=oai&element_name=oai.pl

So now you can get a peak at the code.  All feedback welcome.

regards,
Terry Harrison
LARSS Summer Student
NASA/Langley