[OAI-implementers] XSD file for qualified DC

Carl Lagoze lagoze@cs.cornell.edu
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:55:10 -0400

Stuart,

Indeed there is not yet a xml schema for qualified DC.  Encouraged by the success of (finally) producing a schema for unqualified Dublin Core (the one referenced in the OAI-PMH v2 specification at http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/simpledc20020312.xsd) a number of us in the DC and OAI community are in the midst of producing such a schema.  The timetable is for a solid proposal middle of next month with closure on the process by October.

Carl

Carl Lagoze
Senior Research Associate, Computing and Information Science
Director of Technology, National Science Digital Library
Open Archives Initiative Executive
Upson Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: 607-255-6046
FAX: 607-255-4428

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Chalk [mailto:schalk@unf.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 1:42 PM
To: oai-implementers@oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu
Subject: [OAI-implementers] XSD file for qualified DC

Maybe I missed it but where can I find the XSD for qualified DC?

There are several websites that have XSDs for DC in RDF etc. but they
mostly say they are beta versions.

If there is not one yet, who would be the right person to convince to do
it?  I have thought of trying myself...but as I am new I don't want to
tread on anyones toes (as it were).

Stuart Chalk, Ph.D.                                     Phone:904-620-2831
Associate Professor of Chemistry                          Fax:904-620-3885
Department of Chemistry and Physics           "The Flow Analysis Database"
University of North Florida                        http://www.fia.unf.edu/
4567 St. Johns Bluff Road S.      "The Analytical Sciences Digital Library"
Jacksonville FL 32224 USA                        http://asdl.coas.unf.edu/