[OAI-implementers] Migrating from 1.1 to 2.0

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:16:35 -0400 (EDT)

I chose to offer both 1.1 and 2.0 interfaces for arXiv (both registered:
http://arXiv.org/oai1 and http://arXiv.org/oai2). I will take down the
1.1 interface when harvesters have migrated to 2.0. The objective is to
make it easy for service providers to harvest our metadata so this seems
to be the most helpful approach.

Cheers,
Simeon.

PS. out of curiosity I just counted accesses for last week:  v1.1: 442,
v2.0: 800 which I take as an encouraging sign that service providers are
switching to v2.0.