[OAI-implementers] custom error reporting, records in which sets.

Tim Brody tim@tim.brody.btinternet.co.uk
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:12:48 +0100

Message----- Original Message -----
From: Jozef Kruger

> [set membership in headers]
> So my question is, what is the precise use of this new "feature" in OAI
(of reporting all sets a record occurs in)?

This allows the set hierachy to be more easily mirrored/federated. In OAI
1.x the harvester has to query each set to recreate the set hierachy.

In terms of implementation I suggest creating a cached copy of the record
headers (with identifier, datestamp, and setSpecs), which can then be
returned for GetRecord, ListIdentifiers and ListRecords.

All the best,
Tim Brody