[OAI-implementers] Results for various sites trying POST requests

Alan Kent ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:08:49 +1100

I have built up a HTML page of interop tests of a simple client
I was trying to write (ie: might be buggy from my end) when trying
to POST to various other servers out there. I have not tried GET
requests instead. I supply the VERB in the POST data (not on the
URL) which I think caused many of the faults.

There are several sites that I have not yet sucesfully completed
a download of. A network problem or similar occurs before they
finish, so I have to restart from scratch.

If people are interested, the results can be found at:

    http://www.mds.rmit.edu.au/~ajk/oai/interop.htm

In the SOAP interop test bed (which I have been involved a little bit
in), people with clients and servers tend to host such pages which
has helped a lot in achieving interoperability. Nothing like airing
dirty laundry to get people to clean up their act! :-) From my
reading so far of OAI, I suspect there may not be the same push
behind OAI.

If I have missed a site, please let me know and I will add it.
The table is currently manually maintained - I am still investigating
OAI to see if its worth pursuing further. If people are interested
(including me! :-), I could investigate generating such tables
automatically including more detail (wire dumps). A sample page
for SOAP interop is at

    http://www.mds.rmit.edu.au/~ajk/soap/interop-results.htm

Alan

ps: The product I work on is currently undergoing a name change from
SIM to TeraText, so I probably will mix up the names until I brainwash
myself to the new name! :-)