[OAI-implementers] Questions from a novice

Thomas G. Habing thabing@uiuc.edu
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:41:26 -0500

Hi,

We have done a number of OAI implementations using ASP, and all of our
scripts are freely available.  Go to http://oai.grainger.uiuc.edu/ and click
on the 'Provider Tools' link ( http://oai.grainger.uiuc.edu/ProviderTools/ )

Our scripts use MS Access or SQL Server as the database.  However, the
database interface uses ODBC, so hooking up an Oracle DB to our scripts
shouldn't be a problem.

We also have an early implementation of the OAI 2.0 protocol, but we are not
making it publicly available yet, so I would concur with Tim Brody to wait
on the OAI 2.0 specification and tools before investing a lot of work on an
OAI provider.

We are happy to provide some support for our 1.1 provider tools if you want
to try them out prior to the 2.0 releases.

Kind Regards,
	Tom Habing

--
Thomas G. Habing
Research Programmer, Digital Library Projects